& REMOTE VISUAL
Non Destructive Testing: Visual and Remote Visual Testing
DBI, Inc. provides a wide range of visual testing and remote visual testing, including:
- AWS Certified Welding Visual Inspections (AWS CWI)
- API 510 Inspections (Pressure Vessel Inspections for Maintenance, Rating, Repairs and Alterations)
- API 570 Inspections (Piping Inspection for Repairs, Alterations and Rerating of In-Service Piping Systems)
- API 653 Inspections (Above Ground Storage Tank Inspection for Repairs, Alterations and Reconstruction)
- API 579 Fit for Service (Fit for Service Analysis)
- STI-SP001/SPCC (Inspections of Aboveground Storage Tanks)
As well as the following:
- Welder Qualification AWS, API, ASME (Plate and/or Pipe – Mechanical Testing)
- Welder Qualification AWS, API, ASME (Plate and/or Pipe – Radiographic Testing)
- Procedure Qualification AWS, API, ASME (Mechanical Testing)
Remote Visual Inspection (RVI): RVI is the inspection of objects or areas usually inaccessible to the eye without disassembling surrounding structures or machinery. It allows inspectors to discover hidden discontinuities such as poor welding, surface defects, corrosion pits, general condition, degradation, blockages and foreign materials before they may cause major problems. RVI equipment penetrates remote places, utilizing small openings and sends images directly back to the observer or to a video monitor.
Positive Material Identification (PMI): PMI is the analysis of materials to determine the chemical composition of a metal or alloy at (usually multiple) steps of alloy manufacturing or in-process alloy installation.
- On-Site PMI (Positive Material Identification)
- Optical Emission Spectroscopy (OES)
- X-Ray Fluoresce (XRF)
- Portable X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) elemental analyzer
Emission Spectro-chemical Analysis: Lab analysis for chemical properties.
Field Hardness Testing: (electronic and manual).